Friday, November 21, 2008

Almost Impact Lutzka Dude Review




hat is an Almost Impact support:
Almost Skateboards just came out with new technology. This new concept consists of two disks underneath both trucks that the top ply contains strips of a carbon fiber material encased in urethane. This process takes the harsh vibrations from landing high drops, large sets, or a constant of flip tricks and spread the pressure throughout the deck. This technology definitely does work. This new series has it all, gnarly graphics, sick tech, and a 30 day guarantees.



First Impressions: I saw this board in my local shop and it just looked so sick. When I got home I picked up another of my previous decks and compared the two weights, and I found the almost a bit heavier.Also it was a 7.6 and i was a bit worried it would be too skinny. Some people are scared off by the fact the are made by dwindle. So what if your deck is made in china, it still skates great.




After Set-Up: when I first stepped on it I could feel it was in fact a little heavy, but the response/pop felt amazing. Also the board was very easy to flip because of the size. The weight issue is definitely not a problem at all through this decks life, the amazing snap and response feel evens everything out.



Skating It: Throughout this decks life (a whopping 4 months) it held up great. It razortailed a little faster then many other decks, but chipping really wasn't a big issue until the last week of it's life. The impact disks stayed in (there's been rumors they pop out) and they didn't pressure crack a lot, just two tiny cracks on the outer back truck. On the last couple weeks I had it I noticed cracks along the back of the tail, which I have never seen before, but I have a feeling it was because I skated it constantly. The chipping is either nothing or major on these decks from what i've experienced. I was practicing my back tails and I chucked my board at the ledge (bs tails aren't really my friend, haha) and a chunk of the top ply came off the tail. about a half a month later I was practicing my 3flips up the euro and i was warming up, so my nose must have hit the top deck the right way and a huge chunk of the top 3 plys came off the nose. none of that affected my skating. It's death came about when i was trying shove mannys on a really low ledge, some kid walked in front of me and i got a really bad shinner, so I just focused it. It did not break from a skate related cause.



Here's the stats

Weight:5/10 - A little heavy, but it didn't bother me that much.
Pop/response: 8/10 - This is where the deck excels, great pop and response.
Durability: 7/10 - It held up, but large gashes and dents in the side is common, also chips a bit. Razortail occurred fast too.
Flip: 9/10 - Very easy to flip and catch, very nice control.
Overall: 7.25/10



Concerns/FAQs/Final Points:


1. Impact Support technology reduces pressure cracks, and reduces breakage near the trucks.
2. The weight of this deck is a bit heavier than your standard favorite.
3. This deck is very easy to flip, unlike some decks that take a lot of effort to do large flip tricks.
4. The responsive feel of this deck is great, it pops up onto your feet, and because of this there's a good control variable.
5. This deck is good for everybody (unlike what I said before). Yes it provides excellent performance for stairs and drops. It also provides a great amount of controlability for tech skaters. The deck's shape helps with locking into grinds and landing tricks clean.
6. The warranty is cool because you can get a new one if you snap it in the middle a lot.
7. Not a flimsy deck, such and habitats or toys. when i'm skating such decks I feel I could focus it with my left foot first try.



Thanks for reading!




Share on FriendFeed